Disclosure of personal information and false or misleading information
Applications for a second loan for students already overseas will not be processed where there is less than five weeks of study remaining at the overseas institution.
- Applications must be completed in full and signed prior to lodgement (applications that are not signed will not be processed).
- A copy of page one of your bank statement must be provided to verify the bank details entered on your application are correct.
- If your OS-HELP loan is approved, you will be asked to submit an OS-HELP Debt Confirmation form before any amount can be paid into your bank account. The form must be completed in ballpoint pen using block letters.
- Applications can be submitted without proof of acceptance from the host university or placement provider; however, if you are eligible we can simply approve your loan ‘in principle’ but hold payment until you provide us with a copy of your acceptance from the host.
- Official email confirmation is also acceptable providing it is addressed to you and is not from an unofficial email account, such as Hotmail, Gmail etc. Where you have not yet received your confirmed offer from the overseas provider, we will accept your application but if you are eligible, we can only approve any loan in principle until you can provide us with a copy of your overseas offer.
- Loans will not be approved for payment until we receive all of the required evidence.
How to apply
Your completed OS-HELP application form and essential documents should be submitted to before the deadline in person at Counter 4 in Student Central or by mail:
You are welcome to scan and email electronic documents to ; however, your completed Debt Confirmation form must be received in hard copy. Do not submit original copies of bank statements and offer letters as we are unable to return the originals to you should you require them for other purposes.
Application closing dates
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Loans will not be issued more than 6 months before your overseas period commences.
Assessment and selection criteria
The assessment and selection criteria for the provision of OS-HELP loans will be based on merit. Students will be assessed for their eligibility for OS-HELP assistance not more than five months in advance of the commencement of their overseas study.
OS-HELP is available for a six-month periodmencement of the six-month period is nominated on the Debt Confirmation form. It does not necessarily have to be the first day that a student begins their overseas study or placement, but the start and end of the overseas period must fall within this six-month period.
The OS-HELP loan is provided for the six-month period regardless https://www.getbadcreditloan.com/payday-loans-ia/ of the actual duration of the study. Second loans for students already overseas will not be processed where there are fewer than five weeks of study remaining at the overseas institution.
Once a loan is approved, funds will be transferred directly into the student’s nominated bank account. This can take up to six weeks from the date of approval.
While we endeavour to approve loans before the anticipated overseas departure, we cannot guarantee this. Applicants are recommended to ensure temporary or alternative financial arrangements are made if the approved loan funding is not paid prior to departure.
The personal information collected on your OS-HELP application form is collected for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an OS-HELP loan. If you provide false or misleading information in your application for OS-HELP, we may be required to disclose information contained in your application to the Department of Education and Training. We may also be required to disclose your personal information as otherwise authorised or required by law.